Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Looking For Stewart Ancestors.......

So that is the name of this Blog.....the ancestors... the task of looking for and finding them is monumental. The last name of the families all associated through our grandparent lineage is extensive to say the very least. But where to start, what line to trace first, maternal or paternal? I just went to where I was able to trace back as far as possible without becoming to lost or unsure of the lineage.
The years of birth for those people span the years 1628 through 1652.... the ones going back the furthest that is....
If any one has any questions either email me or call me at home.
So...now for the names that are in the lineage through the marriage between Peter Sloan and Nancy Hill...all are in fact the names of our grandparent ancestors....
They are in no particular order as I am in no way OCD.
Hill, Holmes, Toothaker, Brewer, Jones, Lane, Whipple, Reyner, Brown, Cutter, Ruggles, Fowle, Clarke, Woodbridge, Dudley, Wheeler, Richardson, Baldwin,Potter, Bryan, Locke, Elliott and Miles.
Next time I will do another branch of the lineage.
I have been in touch with a fellow who lives in Manhattan who hails from the Hill family. He is a bit younger than me...he is in our cousin line through the Hill family. So I know for certain we do have others who share our ties and strains of DNA with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment